Islam is the religion that emphasizes ion worship and supplication to Allah Almighty. It directs the believers to worship The Almighty by offering prayers, five times a day. It also commends us to offer the prayers in congregation as when the Muslims pray together, it becomes the cause of Allah’s contentment and happiness. For this special purpose, Muslims around the world gather on the day of Friday for a special congregational prayer preceded by a sermon that guides Muslims on how to gain Allah’s blessings. Those who do not offer their prayers in congregation throughout the week also head toward the mosque to attend the Friday sermon and offer the Friday congregational prayer. Thus Friday is considered to be the most blessed day of the week. It is also the best day in the sight of Allah Almighty, as said by the Holy Prophet ﷺ:
The best day in the sight of Allah Almighty is Friday, the day of congregation.
[Al-Bukhari] It is also said in the Holy Quran by Almighty Allah that:
O ye who believe! When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday (the Day of Assembly), hasten earnestly to the Remembrance of Allah, and leave off business (and trade): That is best for you if you only knew!
[QURAN 62:9] To know more about the Quran and to learn how to read the Quran online please visit Online Quran Lessons. We are an online Quran Teaching website that offers online Quran lessons and also help you learn Tajweed online. We also provide the facility of female online Quran teachers for our female students. To check out our course details and to register for our free trial classes please visit our website.
The Holy Prophet ﷺ also said:
The best day the sun rises over is Friday; on it Allah created Adam. On it, he was made to enter paradise, on it he was expelled from it, and the Last Hour will take place on no other day than Friday
[Tirmidhi] The above hadith further justifies the importance of Friday and its precedence over other days. Allah Almighty also chose Friday over all other days for many events that have great importance in Islam, to further emphasize the importance of Friday.
SUNNAH ON FRIDAY:
The Holy Prophet ﷺ took care through His actions to highlight the importance of Friday as a day of blessings for the Muslims. He ﷺ used to take a bath, wear His ﷺ finest clothes, wore perfume and Surmah on the day of Friday. He ﷺ also advised the Muslims to take special measures for their Taharat on the blessed day.
PREPARATIONS FOR THE FRIDAY PRAYER:
Cleanliness is half of faith and thus Muslims pay special attention towards their Taharat. It is essential for the Muslims to be clean and pure by heart, mind and body before they present themselves to the Almighty Allah in their prayers. Therefore some of the steps taken by Muslims to achieve Taharat are as follows:
- The first and foremost step towards Taharat is to take a bath and perform Wudhu (ablution).
- Dressing in your best clothes. It is not necessary to wear new clothes nor is it advised to do so every Friday, but the outfit chosen should be decent and clean.
- It is also advised to wear perfume and Surmah on the day of Friday as is the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet ﷺ.
- It is necessary that the Muslims, while offering their prayers, should focus solely on their communication with Allah and rid the mind of all other thoughts.
- Listening to the Friday sermon is also part of the Muslim obligations. A person should listen to the Imam with full concentration and should try to act upon his advice. It is recommended that the person should sit as close to the Imam as possible, if there is space available.
- If a person is late for the Friday prayer, which is a highly condemnable act, then he mustn’t disturb the other Namazis and should start his prayer wherever he finds a place.
GOOD DEEDS OF FRIDAY:
There are some recommended actions that one should perform on the blessed day of Friday in order to seek Allah content:
- Giving alms to the needy.
- Leaving early for the mosque with the intention to be on time for the Friday sermon.
- Listening to the Friday sermon.
- Recitation of Surah Kahaf.
- Reciting Salawat on the Holy Prophet ﷺ and His ﷺ
- Greeting your friends and family cheerfully.
BLESSINGS OF FRIDAY:
Friday is the day of countless blessings, some of which are as follows:
- It is recommended to recite Surah Kahaf on the day of Friday because according to the Holy Prophet ﷺ:
Whoever reads Surah Kahaf on Fridays, there will be a bright light to shine for him between the two Fridays.
[Nasai] This Hadith confirms to the importance of Friday and the recitation of Surah Kahaf on Friday as it helps Muslims to seek the refuge of Allah and affirms their faith in the support and assistance He provides.
If you do not know how to read the Quran please visit Online Quran Lessons. We are an online Quran Teaching website that offers online Quran lessons and also help you learn Tajweed online. We also provide the facility of female online Quran teachers for our female students. To check out our course details and to register for our free trial classes please visit our website.
- Although it is the part of Muslim faith that whenever a person supplicates to Allah Almighty with all his heart, Allah always responds to his Dua and provides him with what is best for him, but the day of Friday is especially emphasized on by the Holy Prophet ﷺ to make Dua and supplication:
There is no day more virtuous than Friday. There is such an hour in this day that no Muslim will make Dua in it except that his Dua will be accepted. And he does not seek protection from anything except that Allah will grant him protection.
- It is said by the Holy Prophet ﷺ:
If anyone performs Wudu (ablution) properly, then comes to the Friday prayer, listens to the sermon attentively and keeps silent, his (minor) sins between the Friday and the following Friday will be forgiven, with the addition of three more days; but he who touches pebbles has caused an interruption.
[Muslim] Therefore it is advised to the Muslims to listen to the Friday sermon with full concentration and the will to act upon the advice given.
- Apart from Surah Kahaf it is also recommended to recite Surah Jummah on the day of Friday as it too is the source of Allah’s blessings and our forgiveness. For guidance on how to read the Quran with Tajweed, please visit Online Quran Lessons. We are an online Quran Teaching website that offers online Quran lessons and also help you learn Tajweed online. We also provide the facility of female online Quran teachers for our female students. To check out our course details and to register for our free trial classes please visit our website.
- There is an hour particular to the day of Friday during which all supplications are accepted. As it is said by the Holy Prophet ﷺ:
On (the day of) Jummah is an hour during which Allah gives to a Muslim servant standing in prayer whatever he asks for.
- Hell is fired-up during every day of the week except Friday, as a mark of honor and respect for the day of Friday.
- It is said in the Holy Quran that the believers will see their Lord Almighty from paradise on this Holy Day of Friday:
Allah will appear to them on the day of Jummah
[QURAN 50:35] These are just some of the blessings associated with the day of Friday. Indeed this day is the day that has precedence over all other days and the Muslims should try their best to achieve Allah’s happiness and content on this day.